Me

Me

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

School, School, and More School

I can tell already that 5th grade is going to be fun and HARD!!!!
Here is a copy of what I have to do EVERY DAY for homework. And today's homework took me more than 2 hours.


I had to bring home my math book, and it made my bag REALLY heavy!

I am really excited for Social Studies. But - that is going to be WAY hard. I have to learn all of the states of America and where they are + know their capitals. I have to memorize the Gettysburg Address (my mom did that in COLLEGE). I need to know the Pledge of Allegience and Star Spangled Banner (that's not too hard). I also need to learn the preamble of the US Constitution. AND - know the US Presidents in order. My mom says that she doesn't even know half of that stuff. But, she will when I'm done with her! These assignments are actually just for students that want to earn a special award called the Great American Challenge Award. When I took the US States pre-test - I only got 5 right, so I've got some work to do.

THIS is my favorite part of school. New clothes and new shoes. We don't usually go school-clothes shopping until mid-September. BUT - my Mom got me these cool boots last May ... and hasn't let me wear them until school started. I love them! Aren't they cute? I haven't worn them to school yet, but I think I will tomorrow.

3 comments:

M- your favorite said...

LOVE THE BOOTS!!! They are so cute! I can't believe you are in 5th grade. You will do so good. You can do it! I am so proud of you Miss- you are so cute! I want you to take a picture of your outfit with the boots. I love them. Good luck with the state's and capitals. I think you can do it. I remeber doing it. It's not THAT bad. I can't believe you are in 5th grade. AAAAAHHHHH!

Love you so many!!

Pat and Brent said...

No wonder they have that show "Are you smarter than a fifth grader"! Man, I can't say I know those things real well myself. I know you'll do fine because you're so positive and determined. Hope you have lots of fun along the way too. The boots are so cute! I bet you are really stylin'! Love you so much. Have a great year!!!

Kent and Leisy said...

your teacher seems like she's really good! what are you doing first for science? do you know yet? --leisy

About Me

I like to play baseball and football with Aaron. I like to babysit.